7 Days of Yoga Nidra
- Landing Zoom session (1hr) to introduce you to the practice, prepare for the week, including setting any intentions around the beginning of the week.
- Closing Zoom session (1.5hr) the following Monday to reflect on the experience and set intentions for incorporating Yoga Nidra in our everyday lives.
- 7 days of Yoga Nidra. Daily practices are emailed each morning at (7:30am).
- At the end of the 7 days you will be given 7 days access to Rosie's online classes.
- Ongoing access to the meditation recordings.
There is a growing body of research on the positive impact of Yoga Nidra on mental health. Specifically for sleep insomnia, anxiety levels, mood, chronic pain and regulating muscle tension. During this week you will be invited to track changes in sleep quality, mood, anxiety, muscle tension and pain. All data will be anonymous and changes within the group will be shared. You are welcome to opt out of this aspect.
Despite popular belief, Yoga Nidra is a practice of tuning in, not tuning out. 20% of ticket sales will be donated to the Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service. In 2012-13 alone, VALS assisted 5163 clients. Not only that, we run major test cases, deliver early stage Community Legal Education in priority areas, undertake high level research and policy work, and deliver a vital 24 hour a day, 7 day a week, 365 day a year support and referral service to Indigenous people in contact with the justice system.
- One in four prisoners in Australia is Indigenous, even though Indigenous Australians make up just 2.5% of the population.
- Indigenous women have the highest, and fastest growing imprisonment rate in Australia, despite the commonly non-violent nature of their offences, and the significant role of substance use in all women’s offending.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people remain one of the most profoundly disadvantaged groups in Australia, falling well below national benchmarks on virtually every measure of well-being and socio-economic status.
These facts and figures are distressing, and their reasons for being, complex.
When can I take part?
Whenever you like. In our opening session we'll create a flexible plan that works for you. If the plan shifts, that's ok, you're human.
I can't afford this, but I'd like to take part, do you offer subsidised places?
Yes! I offer fully and partially subsidised places. Please send a brief email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I miss a day (or few)?
That's OK. Remember this week is here to nourish you, to invite you to rest and explore self-enquiry. It is not another thing to add to your growing list. If life happens, don't fret, be tender.
I struggle with physical tension and pain which make it hard to be in stillness, is this challenge right for me?
Yoga Nidra is a practice you can adapt to your unique needs. You can choose any position you like, adjust your position at any time, move your body to feel more comfortable. It is a practice.
I tend to fall asleep when I practice Yoga Nidra, am I doing it right?
This is often a hint that your body is tired. It's ok to fall asleep in Yoga Nidra. You may like to try it in the morning or earlier in the day to experience it in a different state of consciousness.