Cool, Calm & Cognitive: Part 2
*a few extra places added*
A workshop series to help you feel [cool and calm] at work, respond intelligently to stress, and use your cognitive energy wisely ~
Why? thinking uses energy, and some thinking styles use more energy than others. Through self-study, understanding our nervous system and exploring cognitive strategies, we can learn to work with more ease and grace. By learning to work smarter not harder, we can find more joy in our work, and create space to engage with our lives more broadly.
In Part 1 we'll focus more on the nervous system in relation to cognition. In Part 2 we'll build on this knowledge, exploring cognitive strategies further.
- Attuning to your wellbeing and setting healthy boundaries
- How to prioritise and compromise tasks
- Challenging unhelpful thoughts and reframing your perspective
- Connecting with purpose at work
- Strengthening self-compassion
- Giving your brain the space to breathe
- Inviting ease, joy and curiosity to your work
- Journaling techniques to open and close your day strategically
- Establishing wind down rituals
This workshop will have a strong focus on education and reflection. There will be some opportunities to share thoughts and ideas. Please bring a journal and pen, create a comfortable space at home and feel free to have your dinner, wine and snacks on hand. Let's get cognitive.
This workshop is targeted towards working professionals who are seeking practical coping skills. This includes people working part-time, full-time and juggling multiple roles. Rosie works part-time as an Educator at Eating Disorders Victoria, part-time running her own business, and casually as a yoga teacher. She is aware of the varied demands of different working environments, and challenges of shifting between different roles.
When: Wednesday 4th August 6pm - 7:30pm
Where: Online via Zoom
*20% discount for coming along to Part 1 & 2, enter code 'cognitive' at checkout